Dr. David Gardner graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Toronto, and did his undergraduate training concurrently at Carleton University in Physiological Psychology and the University of Ottawa in Biochemistry and Physiology. Even then, his passion and professionalism were such that the Dean of Dentistry recommended that he take over the Toronto based practice from the former President of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons upon completing his training in 1981. This practice was given to him after graduation, and to this day, Dr. Gardner continues to treat U of T professors and their families who show their trust and confidence in his work by frequently referring others to his practice.
Combining thirty years' of experience with continuing education in the latest techniques, tools, and treatments, Dr. Gardner and his team of professionals are perfectly poised to provide the optimal dental experience, whether you require a comprehensive programme of care and maintenance of healthy teeth and gums or are planning to undertake minor or major cosmetic changes.
Gardner Dental Centre has established relationships with some of the top specialists in Toronto who partner with them to achieve the finest possible results, whatever your goals may be.
Scholarships & Awards
In gratitude and recognition to his profession, Dr Gardner has funded a scholarship at the University of Toronto for undergraduate Dental students. As well, Dr Gardner also successfully nominated two eminent Dental colleagues and friends who trained him to the Order of Canada. Dr. Norman Levine was admitted to the Order for championing the cause of Dentistry for those Canadians most in need, and Dr George Zarb was also admitted for introducing Dental implants to North America 35 years ago. Dr. Gardner has also nominated other colleagues to the Order and has cared for many of them at his Dental Practice over the years as well.
Treating You Like Family
While dentistry is their passion, Dr. Gardner and his team understand that for some, a trip to the dentist’s office may be regarded with some anxiety. You may be confident that every effort is taken to ensure that your visit to the clinic is a relaxed and comfortable experience.
Dr. Gardner's philosophy is to treat each patient, whatever their age, with compassion and competence throughout their visit – he and his team will go the extra mile to accomplish that purpose.
“It’s really clear for me, I simply want to treat my patients as I would like to be treated and as I would want to see my family treated", says Dr. Gardner.
Dr. Gardner has recently completed the following courses and/or accreditations:
- January 2016 - Ceramic Implants
- November 2015 - Dr Gardner's Lecture Presentation: Achieve Your Best Smile
- October 2015 - Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorders
- Sept 2015 - Snoring And Sleep Apnea Devices
- Sept 2015 - Surgical and Orthodontic Management of Unerupted Teeth
- May 2015 - Restoring Dental Implants
- May 2015 - Osteoporotic Drugs in Dentistry
- Feb 2015 - Precision and Productivity of Implant Prosthetics
- November 2014 - CPR
- Oct 2014 - LVI: The Physiologic Approach to Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Level 1
- Oct 2014 - LVI: The Physiologic Approach to Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnea - Advanced Level
- Oct 2014 - Dental Emergencies
- March 2014 - Advanced Functional Dentistry
- March 2014 - Soft Tissue Management
- Feb 2014 - Compliance, Safety and Inspection
- Feb 2014 - Orthodontics: TMJ Splints and Sleep Apnea
- November 2013 - CPR
- Oct 2013 - Neuromuscular and Aesthetic Dentistry
- Oct 2013 - Oral Sensory Phantoms
- Oct 2013 - Dental Implant Complications
- Oct 2013 - Temporomandibular Disease and Occlusion
- Sept 2013 - TMJ Nightguards and Occlusion
- Feb 2013 - Smile Design, Aesthetic and Occlusal Techniques
- Feb 2013 - Update on Diagnosis and Management of Odontogenic Infections
- Nov 2012 - Ceramics, Cements, Adhesion and Implant Aesthetics
- Oct 2012 - Aesthetics and Implant Dentistry
- July 2012 - New Protocols for Same Day Implant Solutions
- April 2012 - Image and Impact in Cosmetic Dentistry
- November 2011 - Nutrition - The Body Mouth Link
- November 2011 - Chairside Imaging
- October 2011 - Locator Indications, Bar Indications and Troubleshooting Overdentures
- October 2011 - Key Implant Abutment Locations for Fixed Prostheses
- September 2011 - 3M ESPE Mini Dental Implants
- September 2011 - Tracker Database Analysis
- June 2011 - Power Brushes
- November 2010 - Dr. David Clark – Biomimetic, Magnification and Cosmetic Dentistry
- November 2010 - The Body Mouth Link: Inflammation 911
- January 2010 - Advanced Techniques for Aesthetic Implant Restorations
- October 2009 - Oral Disease Insights and Therapeutic Options
- October 2009 - Biofilm and Its Role in Systemic Health
- October 2009 - An Individualized Approach to Patient Care: Prevention Strategies vs. Treatment Modalities
- October 2009 - Arestin Treatment for Periodontal Patients
- May 2008 - Occlusal Considerations in Restorative Dentistry